Re: C++ ABI change -- freezing unstable for new C++ library packages

Matthias Klose wrote:

> We will send an update with a detailed schedule, when the toolchain is
> ready for the change.

I'm sorry but I'm a little bit confused. Is unstable frozen *now*? If
yes, is the toolchain being updated now?

I'm assuming the change mostly involve moving gcc-defaults to point at
3.4 or 4.0 which I think is possible for all arch at this time [1].
gcc-3.4 is on all arches that I can see.

A much better announcement would be to include some rough estimate on
how long are we going to be waiting for the new toolchain. Is it hours?
days? week? years?

Also, the testing seems to be now unfrozen except for base. Does the
base freeze have anything to do with the new C++ ABI?

Thanks,
- Adam

[1] - http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/gcc-3.4