Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> Dropping 2.4 can easily be done on relatively short notice prior to etch
> release, so no need to worry about now.

Relatively short notice of several months, even ignoring problems we
currently can't solve such as 2.6 not fitting on floppies for the
installer, at least.

> Also, I feel that the decision to ship 2.4 or not can be left up to the
> kernel team - if they have the manpower, fine, if not, dropping 2.4
> certainly is an option.

I agree, and it seems they have the maintainers interested in
maintaining 2.4.

--
see shy jo