Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Jun 09, Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:

> Dropping 2.4 can easily be done on relatively short notice prior to etch
> release, so no need to worry about now.
It would be too late, because at that time we would have wasted a couple
of years trying to support them.
This kind of decision should be taken early in the development cycle.

> Also, I feel that the decision to ship 2.4 or not can be left up to the
> kernel team - if they have the manpower, fine, if not, dropping 2.4
> certainly is an option.
So you would not mind if e.g. alsa-base or hotplug started to depend on
udev, which depends on 2.6 kernels? This is the kind of situation I'm
discussing.

--
ciao,
Marco