Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 19.51, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jun 07, Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:
> > > In my wishlist there is NO support of 2.4 kernels
> >
> > Hmm.  I've never verified this myself, however until recently it was
> > often claimed that 2.6 is still quite a bit worse than 2.4 for some
> > workloads -
>
> This does not make it true.

No it doesn't.  But it indicates that there are still people who prefer 2.4
to 2.6.

Dropping 2.4 can easily be done on relatively short notice prior to etch
release, so no need to worry about now.

Also, I feel that the decision to ship 2.4 or not can be left up to the
kernel team - if they have the manpower, fine, if not, dropping 2.4
certainly is an option.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Available for key signing in Zürich and Basel, Switzerland
                    (what's this? Look at http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro)