Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

Matt wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 01:13:16AM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > to find their own (sometimes flawed) solution to a very common problem.
>
> Years using Linux: 10.
Idem here

> Times I've absolutely needed an X-less boot when an XDM was installed: 0.
Mine: 30 or more.

> How common was that problem you were trying to solve, again?
It depends on how great is the hardware you have access to. In Brasil, we have a lot of crappy SiS mb-integrated video, and stuff like it, that would easily freeze the machine if X configuration is not *milimetrically* well-adjusted.
--
HTH, Massa