Re: Planet Debian and Akregator

On Thursday 09 June 2005 09:59, Isaac Clerencia wrote:
> I've read about this before, but I read Debian Panet with akregator
> without any problem. ??

I use akregator too (1.0 beta 10) and every once in a while you get an
icon indicating a feed cannot be read. Most of the time this will be
fixed pretty soon.
From an explanation a while back I understood the main (?) cause is
ampersands ("&") in headers, but I'm not sure.

One thing that is quite bad about akregator is that if a feed can not be
read correctly, it will retry very often (something like once a minute or
even more frequently). This has already gotten me banned temporarily
from /. once (they only allow one refresh per 30 minutes).