Re: Vancouver prpopsal (was Re: Canonical and Debian)

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 12:08:23PM -0700, Blars Blarson wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 20050606141347.GB24212@saruman.uio.no> pere@hungry.com writes:
> >[Josselin Mouette]
> >> However that won't help the architecture make it to a Vancouver-like
> >> release.
> >
> >I suspect you have misunderstood the content and intention of the
> >proposal from the group meeting in Vancover.
>
> The intent was not at all that clear.

Putting aside that issue for the moment, at the time the Vancouver
proposal was released, it was presented as a starting point for
discussion and not a fait accompli.

Has the considerable discussion that's taken place since then caused any
of the involved parties to consider adjustments, or a total rework, of
the proposal?

Have any of the alternatives, such as a mostly source-based distribution
for some supported architectures, been considered?

If not, when can we expect the Vancouver/SCC changes to come down the
line?

Thanks,

-- John