Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

ke, 2005-06-08 kello 10:32 +0200, Marco d'Itri kirjoitti:
> On Jun 08, Jesus Climent <jesus.climent@hispalinux.es> wrote:
>
> > I do _not_ want a web server right after apt-get installing it, since
> > everybody has to move the default page and create their own content.
> _I_ do.
> If I install a daemon, it's because I want it to use it (weird, isn't
> it?).

Installing packages in chroots, for example for
installation/upgrade/removal testing, is a further reason to not start
daemons automatically. On the other hand, Marco's position is also
sensible. This suggests that a scheme where the sysadmin can choose for
themselves is in order. A low-priority debconf question, perhaps.