Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 10:25:53PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> You seem to try to pick up every little bit of my mails which is able
> to drift us away from the main point:
>
>    Lets minimize the amount of work by beeing as compatible as
>    possible.  The best way is to have a diff of zero bytes.

If the diff were zero bytes, Debian and Ubuntu would be identical.  I hope
that you can understand my hesitation to accept a definition of success
which means that Ubuntu ceases to exist. :-)

As I've said earlier in this thread, one size does not fit all, and so
derivatives (and the divergence that necessarily comes with them) are a fact
of life.  The ideal situation is for the delta to accurately reflect the
differences in the goals of the two projects, not for it to be null.

--
 - mdz