Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

* Roger Leigh

| - When UTF-8 is the default locale, it shouldn't need a .UTF-8 suffix,
|   e.g. en_GB will be UTF-8, and en_GB.ISO-8859-1 will be Latin-1 (the
|   opposite way round to the current situation which creates
|   en_GB.UTF-8 and en_GB [Latin-1]).

Eh?  You can't change that around just like that, it will break in the
cases where people ssh in from machines with latin1 locales for
instance (and use the PassEnv feature of newer SSHs).  To me, it looks
like you can't ever change the charset of a locale once it is created.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-