Re: Why apt-get is not a proper software search engine (was Re: And now for something completely different... etch!)

Le Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:40:52 +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña a
écrit :

> No package frontend I am aware of can currently pull that stunt. Aptitude
> or dselect can only search in the package names ('/' key). Synaptic can
> search in the descriptions (with equivalent results as apt-get).

This was about debtags i guess . Which is deterministic . Thought he idea
of providing feedback about popcon is great . Why not a "I feel lucky"
like search which looks for the debtags and retrieve the most popular one
from a cache of popcon results ... .