Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 02:40:48PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:37:29AM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > Why?  What if I prefer to have something from inetd only when necessary
> > instead of constantly running daemons everywhere?
>
> Why on earth would you? It's just more administrative overhead, and
> yet another package you didn't need.

You can't really thank that in *every* case that is true.  What if I or
another user in a situation where the administrative overhead is better
or more desirable than the overhead of having a daemon running in the
background all the time?

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez