Re: Is Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis MIA?

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

I am wondering what the deal is with Luca and his packages,
specifically httperf.

httperf was uploaded once, 3.5 years ago.  It has two important and one
normal bug [0].  He has never responded to any bug on httperf.

#215277: httperf: please update libssl dependency (1 year and 239 days)
#308097: httperf errors out when requesting SSL sessions (30 days)
#170060: Please move httperf to main archive (2 years and 198 days)

Of his other packages [1], his latest upload was late 2003.  He has a
number of bugs open [2] as far back as 6 years ago.  Many are
unacknowledged, including two important bugs, one regarding a policy
violation in a package description and another about a filename
collision between a package he maintains and another package.

Just wondering what, if anything, should be done.  Personally, I would
be willing to adopt httperf because I would like to see the bugs fixed.

-Roberto

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=httperf
[1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=luca@debian.org
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=luca%40debian.org
some people started to work on zope , on pkg-zope on alioth, and indeed we have not heard from him in a long time (that is, since June 2004)

a.