Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 02:18:47AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 11:12:50AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 01:47:12AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > > 2.4.x kernels are already obsolete by now except that for some doorstop
> > > architectures, I do not know about any other modern distribution which
> > > still installs one.
>
> > Since (at least) potato, Debian has always supported more than one major
> > line of kernels. I don't see why we suddenly would need to change that
> > now.
>
> We've done this out of necessity -- *not* because it's a good idea.

Obviously. What I meant is, we shouldn't throw out "doorstop
architectures" (sic) because they still want 2.4. At least not with the
current state of affairs; by the time etch releases, I might have
changed my opinion on that subject.

The situation is different for 2.2; I don't want to see 2.2 in etch as
much as anyone else.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond