Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 01:10:15 +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
wrote:

> Ok, so sarge has been released! We should all thank the Release Team for
> their hard work in putting this major release together.

Yes.  Thanks to everyone involved for the many, many hours they devoted to
getting sarge into shape.

> So, without further delay, here's my "Etch-wishlist", it's [based] on
> some of the things I've personally worked on and would like to keep
> working on for etch.

Debian needs to make a release plan.  The plan should establish a target
release date for etch.  Projects on the TODO-for-etch list must then be
projects that can be completed within the allotted time.  A choice has to
be made early on whether to go for a short-term bugfix release or for a
longer-term restructuring release.  Respective development times would be,
say, six months versus eighteen months.  I hope that the DPL will get
involved in this debate and steer it toward a firm decision.

To begin with we can all go back and review:

    http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?ReleaseProposals

--
Thomas Hood