Re: C++ ABI change for etch -- freeze unstable for all C++ libs with changed or new sonames

Le dimanche 05 juin 2005 à 22:55 +0200, Wouter Verhelst a écrit :
> > And you're the one to tell I'm spreading FUD?
>
> Where did I say "FUD"?

Sorry, that was Tollef.

> > Real improvement comes from actual work on packages, not from discussion
> > here. The only cases where improvement can't be brought are when
> > adequate people cannot do the work for political reasons.
> >
> > You don't *have* to discuss all matters on this list. I believe it is
> > here to give advice, not to make decisions. Decisions are taken by
> > maintainers - or by the technical committee.
>
> Indeed. So what is your quarrel with Ubuntu? If decisions are made by
> maintainers rather than this list, they are also made by maintainers
> rather than Canonical employees.

There are decisions that can't be made by maintainers. In these cases
this list often ends up being the place where solutions are discussed
while they'll never be applied, just because someone competent and
willing to apply them wouldn't be allowed to do so.