Re: C++ ABI change for etch -- freeze unstable for all C++ libs with changed or new sonames

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 17:36 +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> How is it going to affect the compatibility between Debian and Ubuntu?
> As I understand it, Ubuntu has started to move to G++ 4.0 without any
> synchronisation with the Debian toolchain maintainers.

Huh?!

If I'm not mistaken, couple of hours ago I offerd you colaboration on
hdf5 source. I contacted you for you plans, to even work together. You
asked me to stop with my work, so your package would be in both
distributions. I said ok. You make calls, not anyone from Ubuntu. I
offered you patches for g++ 4.0, remember?

Let's all calm down and start working together. If no one else, I'm very
interested and devoted to compatibilty between Debian and Ubuntu.

Peace?

--
Ante Karamatic|--|ivoks(@)grad.hr|--|PGP: D3BDA225
http://master.grad.hr/~ivoks/|--|ICQ: 64631782