Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

[Matt Zimmerman]
> Is this judgement based on some experience you had with an Ubuntu
> developer?

The observation (judgement is stretching it too far) is based on my
very limited experience with packages in Ubuntu which are/were missing
in Debian.

> I'd like to hear about it, because this is certainly not the common
> case, and there is an unfortunate amount of myth and rumour on this
> subject.

Oh, it is definitely not the common case.  My sample set is ~5
packages, and for most of them the maintainer of the Ubuntu package
were very interested in cooperation and co-maintenance.

My point is just that we should be aware of the border cases, and try
to find procedures to handle those as well.