Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

OK, here is idea/solution for problems with packaging.

All new Ubuntu packages should have ITP on Debian lists. For example, if
I package app that isn't in Debian, and I package it for Ubuntu, I will
fill ITP for that package on Debian list.

That package will or will not be accepted to Debian, but any other
Debian developer who would like to work on that package, will contact me
and we would cooperate.

Same package will enter Ubuntu and it would be safe. There would be no
posibility that same package will apear in Debian without my knowledge.

This way we would have one big "source repository" for both
distributions.

Any comments?

--
Ante Karamatic|--|ivoks(@)grad.hr|--|PGP: D3BDA225