Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 12:32:14AM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> occasions that their patch policy is less than optimal.  While some
> personally agree with me, it's their policy and unfortunately it won't
> change... however, maybe there's still hope, now that more people are

Has there been any explanation for the policy?  I'm having a hard time
thinking of any sensible reasoning.

Obviously there's no problem with posting the patches on the web and
including a pointer to them, or doing that if the patch is particularly
enormous.  It's just insisting on doing it all the time but regardless
of what usptream want that seems odd.