Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 15:08:51 -0500, John Goerzen
<jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
>I think we should
>devote some thought to declaring a permanent bug-squashing party and
>relaxing the rules for NMUs (for instance, let them happen for any
>documented bug of any severity so long as they are uploaded to the 5-day
>delayed queue and patches are posted to the BTS at the time of the
>upload).

Agreed. Additionally, I think that the delay for bugs of serverity <
important should be much longer, like 30 days, for example.

IMO, we need some reproducible rules about when a package can be taken
over by somebody else, like, for example, when an NMU stays unACKed or
unreverted for more than half a year.

Greetings
Marc