Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

> I think we should devote some thought to declaring a permanent
> bug-squashing party and relaxing the rules for NMUs (for instance, let
> them happen for any documented bug of any severity so long as they are
> uploaded to the 5-day delayed queue and patches are posted to the BTS
> at the time of the upload).  One small step down that road, anyway.

What does "documented" mean here?  Filed in the BTS?

Very often the maintainer has a much better understanding of a
particular problem than the random bystander because of his experience
with the code, his privileged relation with upstream or his own research
of the problem prior to replying to the submitter.  Assuming that the
problem has received no attention because the maintainer hasn't replied
to the bug in the BTS is a mistake.

Personally, I don't send messages every five minutes to the bug log
saying "hey, neat, I can reproduce it", then "cool, I see where the
problem is", then "I might have a patch but it's a quick fix, I'm trying
to come up with a better one", etc.

--
  ,''`.
 : :' :        Romain Francoise <rfrancoise@debian.org>