RC bug #308477 and MIA maintainer (?)

Hello,

I have recently (3 days ago) reported the RC bug #308477 for the
libtextwrap1 package. As I have not received any answer from the
maintainer (and there is another older important bug for which he has
made no comments), I am wondering if:

- I am not totally wrong on this bug report (I am still unsure about the
  "Run-time support programs" of the 8.2 section of Debian Policy)
- the maintainer (Tomohiro Kubota) may be MIA (from what I have found
  using debian.org website, his last message was in august 2004).

If both conditions are true, the source package libtextwrap would be a
good candidate for an NMU (a patch is included in the bug report), but
it would definitely need some more testing from a DD (removal is
probably not an option as cdebconf depends on it).

Greetings,

Fred

PS: please CC as I am not subscribed to the list. Thanks.