Re: PHP/WebApp policy/mailing list

Neil McGovern a écrit :

To do this, it would be a good idea IMO to have a maining list. This has
already been suggested[1][2], and I agree that a debian-webapp list
should be created.

I also think this is a good idea. Several times in the past I'd loved to mail such a mailing list when I faced webapp packaging issues.

Before I retitle this bug, I'd like opinions on if this is a good idea
or not.

I think this is a good idea.

I also think that we should have a specific section in the Debian Policy for answering common questions such as:
  - where should I put CGI files if they're not architecture dependant?
    (such as PHP or Perl scripts).
  - Should we provide template files as conffiles?

We also might strongly suggest the use of wwwconfig and dbconfig in such a policy section...

Anyway, if such a mailing list arise, I'll be in the party ;)

--
Alexis Sukrieh