Re: mplayer 1.0pre7

* Russ Allbery [Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:47:13 -0700]:

> it's more clear what's going on; some packages are sitting, but most
> things are being approved very quickly.  mplayer (and hot-babe) are among
> the ones that are sitting.

  And as I learnt yesterday, some of the ones "sitting" are still there
  because the maintainer hasn't reacted in weeks to mail from ftpmaster
  pointing out obvious problems with the package.

  Perhaps it'd be nice in the long term add a column with a short note
  enumerating the problems, or to CC the ITP bug the mail sent to the
  maintainer. This way, if a maintainer goes MIA, other interested
  people can know that the ball is in the maintainer's roof, not in
  ftpmasters', and offer to help.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
                -- Groucho Marx