Re: Status of PHP5?

Markus Fischer <markus@fischer.name> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I wanted to inform myself on the current status of PHP5.

I'm interested in seeing these packages in Debian too.

Before finding the packages by Piotr Roszatycki I used packages from
dotdeb.org, but I would feel more comfortable using packages coming
From the official Debian mirrors.

And so would others, I believe.  That is why I don't understand why
PHP5 packages have not yet been included in unstable?  (Getting them
into Sarge would be great, but perhaps it's too late?)

I've been asking Danish hosting providers about offering PHP5, and one
of them (csg.dk) specifically said that they were waiting for PHP5 to
appear in apt.

Could someone explain why the packages aren't there yet?

Also, what went wrong with the packages that were uploaded[1] in
February?

[1]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=262977#msg37

--
Martin Geisler                                  My GnuPG Key: 0x7E45DD38

PHP EXIF Library      |  PHP Weather             |  PhpShell
http://pel.sf.net/    |  http://phpweather.net/  |  http://gimpster.com/
Read/write EXIF data  |  Show current weather    |  A shell in a browser