Re: Status of 'sarge' for the amd64 architecture

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 11:40:03AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > A silly question to you as release manager:
>
> Silly indeed. Use the list archives.  You cannot miss the monstruous threads
> about it.

I didn't miss the threads, but much of it looked mostly like the amd64
developers using non-friendly words because the ftp admins didn't
respond to them.

> > What exactly are the technical reasons why amd64 can't simply be shipped
> > as 12th architecture with sarge?
>
> Mirror space.  Instead of replying and beating a dead, burried, and already
> decomposed horse, just go read the archives.

I might have missed this email in the huge threads, but could you point
me to an email explaining why increasing the archive space by less than
10% exacly hits a hard limit in mirror space?

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed