Re: please make ARM buildd more efficient, was Re: arm seems OK: release status?

Op ma, 11-04-2005 te 18:40 +0200, schreef Andrea Mennucc:
> Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:
> > I'm sure it's been suggested that the buildds remove the extra packages
> > after each run, but that is considered too inefficient, and the buildds
> > are not _expected_ to pick up all build-depends bugs.
>
> ARM builder is inefficient:

It's not. Leaving all packages installed was done on the powerpc buildd
a long while ago, but that produced more problems than it was worth, and
while, AIUI, the speed of compilation didn't increase noticeably.

> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=xmorph&ver=1%3A20050408&arch=arm&stamp=1113139251&file=log&as=raw
>
> I am sending this e-mail to  Ryan Murray (who is at the end of the above
> log), so to make him aware of this issue

No, he's not. Ryan Murray set up and still maintains the
buildd.debian.org web interface (which is why his email address appears
at the end of every log, as shown on buildd.debian.org), but he's not
responsible for the ARM buildd; James Troup is, IIRC. Or, if you really
want to mail the people responsible for ARM autobuilding,
arm@buildd.debian.org.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks