Re: etch release target: SELinux?? (was: Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 22:14, David Schmitt <david@schmitt.edv-bus.at>
wrote:
> Just that it is not lost: SELinux soft support (patched utilities available
> in main). There seems to be a repository that mostly works (I'm not in the
> loop about currentness though) and it'd is probably an important step
> forward to bringing SELinux more into the mainstream.

The general aim is that libselinux1 will be in base for Etch.  When that
happens sysvinit, cron, pam, ssh, and every xdm type program can depend on
libselinux1 and therefore can provide the required SE Linux functionality.

For people who don't use SE Linux the support in those programs will only take
a few K of disk space and will not give a performance overhead.