Re: How to handle unreproducible RC bugs when the submitter is MIA?

Quoting Frank Küster (frank@debian.org):
> Dear release team,
>
> #297181 is unreproducible, and the submitter has not answered to our
> questions for a while.  I am quite confident that this bug is really
> PEBCAK, or more specifically a local misconfiguration, or some old
> locally installed Emacs lisp files lying around.
>
> I do not think that this bug justifies auctex's removal from testing; on
> the other hand, I don't think it would be proper to lower its severity
> before we know more.  But we cannot know whether the submitter will
> answer again and allow us to decide, and possibly fix or reassign,
> before sarge is frozen.
>
> How should this bug be handled?

On a pure logic reasoning, it seems to me that the only solutions you
have are either:

-close the bug and assume your diagnostic for it to be a local
 misconfiguration

-keep it and lower its severity as you obviously seem to think that it
is not RC