Re: duplicates of fonts in some packages

> Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo <fenio@debian.org> writes:
>> I'm packaging adesklets stuff, and it cames with Vera.ttf font included.
>> We've got this font in ttf-bitstream-vera package, so I was wondering if
>> is it ok to duplicate it, since some packages are doing it already.
>
> A symlink and a dependency is better.

It is even better to make package independent of particular font.

E.g. I try to avoid having vera font installed on all machines I control,
because some applications, such as OpenOffice, try to use vera for
interface if it is available, and display garbage in russian locale bacause
this font does not have cyrillic glyphs.