Re: Vancouver meeting - clarifications

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 01:39:27PM +0100, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver wrote:
> > | - the release architecture must have a working, tested installer
> > I hope that's obvious why. :)

> As long as FAI or even raw debootstrap counts, I can agree here.

No, debootstrap isn't an installer, and shouldn't be counted as such for the
purpose of release eligibility.  If you have to install someone else's
operating system first to be able to install Debian, then we don't have an
installer.  There *are* reasons that debian-installer has been emphasized as
much as it has during the sarge release.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer