Re: .d.o machines which are down (Re: Questions for the DPL candidates)

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 02:36:12PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I think they are designed too stringently. Guidelines should describe the
> > level of stability an arch is required to meet, and let the implementation
> > be whatever is needed, on a per arch basis, to meet those requirements.
>
> I think a reasonable requirement is "will not stop entirely due to the
> destruction of any single building by fire."

Setting up a second buildd host takes as much as 'install the box,
install buildd, create chroot, configure sbuild, configure buildd, test,
setup link to wanna-build'. On reasonably fast hardware and with anyone
experienced in buildd, this takes half a day -- less, if the 'install
the box' part has already been done.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks