Re: NEWS.Debian abuse

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:27:49PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Mar 21, Jesus Climent <jesus.climent@hispalinux.es> wrote:
>
> > Please, try to avoid messages which are not directed to the end user under
> > NEWS.Debian:
> They *are* directed to end users and document two changes which may need
> their attention and require configuration changes.

So then rephrase them so that end users can understand what effect those
changes have in their configuration.

I dont see how

  Removed patch 057_pppoe-interface-change which was refused by the upstream
  maintainer.

has much to do with end users, whether

  NOTICE!
  Now users must arrange for the ethernet interface used for PPPoE to be up.
  To do so, please, follow the following instructions: blah blah blah

has, but I failed to see a proper description on how to solve a possible
problem in the end user's configuration.

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.10|Helsinki Finland

Emily, I have a confession to make. I really am a horse doctor. But marry me,
and I'll never look at another horse.
		--Dr. Hackenbush (A Day at the Races)