Re: Emulated buildds (for SCC architectures)?

* Gunnar Wolf (gwolf@gwolf.org) wrote:
> Most (although not all) of the architectures facing being downgraded
> are older, slower hardware, and cannot be readily found. Their build
> speed is my main argument against John Goerzen's proposal [1]. Now, I
> understand that up to now we have had the requirement of the builds
> running in the real hardware.

Chances are this wouldn't change for 'official' buildds.  While not
speaking on behalf of the ftpmaster team the impression I've gotten from
Anthony at least is that emulated buildds begs the question of the
architecture being useful and aren't exactly likely to be met with open
arms.

Apparently the feeling wrt distcc is somewhat different and is likely to
be a more generally accepted solution to the slow-at-compiling issue.

	Stephen