Re: .d.o machines which are down (Re: Questions for the DPL candidates)

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> Why does everyone have a sudden interest in the sparc buildds? It has
> always had one buildd until auric was no longer needed for ftp-master.
> Things were fine back then, and still fine now. No one complained then,
> why is everyone complaining now that I want to put a better single machine
> in place?

Nobody is complaining; we are just explaining what the implementation
of the new guidelines would imply for sparc.  As I read them, the new
guidelines are designed to give us better reliability for release
archs than we have had in the past.