On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 01:21:15AM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Mar 18, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > There would definitely be duplication of arch:all between ftp.debian.org
> > and ports.debian.org (let's call it ports), as well as duplication of the
> > source.
> As a mirror operator, I think that this sucks. Badly.

What's wrong with splitting into ftp-full-monty.d.o, carrying all archs,
including the popular ones, and ftp.d.o, carrying only the most popular
subset? This way, there's no need to mirror from both of them, and
duplication is kept to a minimum. Slightly increased traffic from the
fullblown server is the only drawback I see compared to the ports
proposal.

Regards,

Daniel.