Re: Alternative: Source-Centric Approach [w/code]

Matthias Urlichs dijo [Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 11:14:50PM +0100]:
> It won't work that well for slower architectures, for the very simple
> reason that compiling everything would take a long time.
>
> m68k (as the admittedly extreme example) doesn't have ten buildd boxes
> just because we feel like it. :-)

Being m68k among the prime candidates for SCC, why shouldn't we ponder
using emulated autobuilders? We have some quite decent and reliable
emulators in our archive for some architectures (i.e., basilisk2 for
m68k [in contrib because of the needed Mac ROMs], hercules for s390),
and they do work reliably.

(BTW: I have had for a couple of months a Mac Quadra 950 sitting in my
house... It seems to work, but I have had no time to set it up :-/ )

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5554-9450
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23