Re: Debian DPL Debate Comments

Hello Ritesh,

* Ritesh Raj Sarraf <riteshsarraf@users.sourceforge.net> [2005-03-18 17:55]:

[...]
> I've been thinking of contributing to Debian for a long time since I started
> using it. The problem is that I've not been able to find a good comprehensive
> documentation on "Contributing to Debian" yet.

I think the descrition on:
http://www.debian.org/support
is ok.

> Things which are complete and too much to scare me. Eg. Debian New Maintainer
> Guidelines.

It is very much work to get involved in maintainership but
that should be a guarantee of good quality.

> I do know that there are other ways also, besides being a DD, to contribute to
> Debian. But there isn't a formal written way.

Yes. Just subscribe to the mailing list of projects in which
you are interrested and just talk to other people.
Maybe ask them if they need help.

> There, maybe, should be an official responsibility for DD's to work closely
> with people who are willing to contribute to Debian.

Its not exactly someone but e.g. for maintainer stuff there
is the debian-mentors list.
[...]

regards nico
--