Re: [RFC] OpenLDAP automatic upgrade

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 12:10:23AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> > In short, I cannot find a single reason to run OpenLDAP against BDB 4.3,
> > and even the current OpenLDAP release notes that BDB 4.2 is required.  I
> > can find many reasons to not use BDB 4.3.
>
> Not good.  That might mean a lot of trouble to get 4.3 out of sarge, and
> revert all packages back to 4.2 :(

As far as OpenLDAP is concerned, 2.2.23 with bdb 4.3 did not yet enter
even sid. The following packages are found by apt-cache showpkg:

Reverse Depends:
  slapd,libdb4.3
  xkbsel,libdb4.3
  webdruid,libdb4.3
  python2.3-librdf,libdb4.3
  python2.2-librdf,libdb4.3
  oops,libdb4.3
  librdf0,libdb4.3
  librdf-ruby,libdb4.3
  librdf-perl,libdb4.3
  libdb4.3-dev,libdb4.3 4.3.27-2
  libberkeleydb-perl,libdb4.3
  gnunet,libdb4.3
  db4.3-util,libdb4.3
  bogofilter,libdb4.3
  slapd,libdb4.3

Should we notify the maintainers to better go back to 4.2 for sarge?

Greetings

	Torsten