Re: automake/autoconf in build-dependencies

Hi,

> > To a certain degree, those would have been fixed if people
> > build-depended on auto*, as they would have picked up fixed versions
> > of the .m4 files.
>
> But that has to be offset against the huge number of bugs that would
> occur if we ran auto* at run time and had everything break everytime
> the target moves.

That kind of bug will appear when a user tries to modify
other parts of the auto* files, and regenerate them.

Even if we manage to ignore the problems on Debian build machines,
users will find out that a source will not build, sometime.

regards,
	junichi