Re: NEW handling ...

On Thursday 17 March 2005 22:09, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> >> A list of packages-in-NEW is available on the Web, including binary
> >> package names, bugs closed, et al.
> >> Nothing more can be done by the average bored DD, since they cannot
> >> access these packages, hence not do most of the necessary checks.
> >
> > Isn't there a mirror of NEW on merkel?
>
> Yes, but you cant read anything else than .changes files in NEW.

I think it was Anthony who mentioned a script he uses for testing the NEW
packages. It'd probably be good-enough[tm] for a first iteration to link
output of that script to ftp-master.d.o/new.html or mail it to
debian-ftp-master@ldo or something like that.

> > kernel-patch-2.4-{blooper,pom} (1 year):
> > * Fixes for minor annoying kernel bugs
> > * Netfilter patch-o-matic patches to base level, IPSEC policy match
> > Both should be superceded by debian-kernel. Could be REJECTed.
>
> Should/Could?

Conservative formula; I have no idea what patches are included. Maintainer
should step forward to explain[1].

Regards, David
[1] Or receive deserved rotting in NEW.
--