Re: [RFC] OpenLDAP automatic upgrade

On Thursday 17 March 2005 02:59, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> > That's for sure but I want to be able to do automatic upgrades for the
> > simple cases. And at least help the admin by dumping the directory
> > before starting the upgrade and taking care of the old database files in
> > case he decides to downgrade again later :)
>
> I don't think there is a simple case. ;)

I serve ~1500 Users via nss-ldap and friends from OpenLDAP only using
additional indices and schema-enhancements.

Then again I also regenerate the whole LDAP tree every night from the
enterprise RDBMS making me too no big candidate for automatic upgrades.

Regards, David
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?
- *hust* gut *rotz* *keuch*