Re: Another load of typos

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 00:41 +1100, Paul Hampson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 11:20:12PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 10:59:34AM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> > > On Thursday 17 March 2005 03:16, Florian Zumbiehl wrote:
[snip]
> not even consistent in my own usage.  Probably because Australian
> English

Australians speak English?!?!  ;)

>          seems to be influenced by both British and American
> pronounciation, in the same way that route is understandable in either
> pronounciation, although then I know the linguistic background of the
> speaker's English. ^_^

Maybe not.  I've heard Americans say it both ways.  But Then,
America is a Really Big Country.

> However, this is a pronounciation rule, not a spelling rule, so it's up
> to the author to write it by speaking it out loud. So I consider these
> to the uncorrectable automatically, even from the standpoint of
> paragraph-internal consistency. ^_^

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Thanks to the good people in Microsoft, a great deal of the data
that flows is dependent on one company. That is not a healthy
ecosystem. The issue is that creativity gets filtered through the
business plan of one company.
Mitchell Baker, "Chief Lizard Wrangler" at Mozilla