Key management using a USB key

Hi David,

> o Other issues?

it might also be interesting to take a look at a OpenPGP Smartcard. I am
experimenting with such a card at the moment and they are quite cool.

On [1] you can take a look at the features. A HOWTO for those cards will
be available in the next days.

> o Especially on laptops, it might be interesting to also encrypt all of
> /home and/or other parts of the harddrive to make the data unusuable
> without the USB key. But how to integrate this with the other
> requirements?

I know of someone who set up a solution so the crypto partitions will
not be mounted if the smartcard is not plugged in.

With best wishes,
Matze

  1. http://www.fsfe.org/card/
--