Re: status of buildds?

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 11:17:42AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> I was speaking specifically of porter uploads; my discussion is about
> the specific case of s390 complaining that they can't do their porting
> work (which includes simply compiling packages) because the w-b admins
> won't add whatever buildd.

It is simply a condition of ENOTIME. The buildd is setup, activate them
needs 10 minutes, adding a entries to the ACL needs less. Setting up a
w-b needs 1h, doing the work by hand needs much more time.

>                             My point is that porters already have all
> the authority they need to build and upload packages.

Everyone have the authority to do uploads. And if you have a machine,
you can port something on them.

Bastian

--
... The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get
to know each other.