Re: status of buildds?

Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> writes:

> Hi, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>
> > The Developer's Reference contains the procedures for binary NMUs.
>
> The BinNMU procedure covers the "a binary was built incorrectly and I can
> fix it without touching the source" situation. Third-level Debian version
> numbers and all.
>
> What we're talking about here, however, is "a binary wasn't yet built at
> all because the buildd didn't yet get to it", i.e. a Porter Upload,
> section 5.10.2.

Thanks for the terminological clarification.

I was speaking specifically of porter uploads; my discussion is about
the specific case of s390 complaining that they can't do their porting
work (which includes simply compiling packages) because the w-b admins
won't add whatever buildd.  My point is that porters already have all
the authority they need to build and upload packages.