Re: *seconded* Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 10:44 -0500, Kyle McMartin wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 03:06:19PM +0000, Rob Taylor wrote:
> > Yes, that makes total sense. Would there likely be major objections to
> > this?
> >

> Even less (likely zero) testing of packages by the maintainer before they
> upload? This is definitely a serious problem...
>
> Famous last words...
> "Oh, I'll just make this one change, rebuild source and upload."

A developer having done a build doesn't say much about its buildd
buildability at the moment (I know, i've had borken stuff uploaded
before...)

This appears to me a matter of good practice, and *perhaps* a degree of
sanity enforcment by tools (e.g. the currently accepted good practice of
building in pbuilder is not enforced by having binary uploads, however
most developers recognise it as a good step to take before uploading).

Rob Taylor

(p.s. please use reply-to-list in future :))