Re: NEW handling ...

Hi, Sven Luther wrote:

> Ideally we would see forming a little NEW-reviewing comittee which would
> facilitate the job of the ftp-masters. This is also in accordance of the
> small-team proposal in debian.

Good idea. Count me in.

> It would be nice to have the opinion of the ftp-masters on this, if this seems
> credible, and if there are design issues with it.

A checklist of what NEW processing actually entails would be great too.
Off the top of my head, I can think of

- Check debian/copyright for upstream reachability
- verify that the license is (a) correct and (b) DFSG-free
- check that the package names are sane, don't conflict, and
  aren't gratuitiously many (a -doc package for 10 kbytes of
  documentation...) (what's the current opinion on that, anyway?)
- check that it closes the correct ITP
- check for basic packaging sanity and lintian/linda cleanliness
- ... any others?

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de