Re: about Nybbles : how to keep all those archs releasable complying with the Vancouver Project

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:02:20 +0100, Frank Küster <frank@debian.org>
wrote:
>luna <luna@bzh.net> wrote:
>> |    * To: debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org
>> |    * Subject: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting
>> |    * From: Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
>> |    * Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:45:09 -0800
>>
>> We all have seen this proposal for "dropping architecture" and a lot
>> of us are crying because their favourite pet architecture will be
>> dropped.
>
>Wrong.  My favourite arch is i386, and still I dislike very much the
>original plan.

I have to agree with Frank. I have a Sparc machine in my basement for
years, have never booted it, and doubt that I'll actually be coming
around to working with that box in the foreseeable future. I have thus
never used an architecture other than i386, but I find the
availability of my preferred platform on other architectures an
important thing nevertheless.

Greetings
Marc